It all started just watching my 6 years old play with his pink and purple soft toy he got from his Aunty (illustrator of my book). Batts was the one toy my 6 years old son never got sick of he loved it a lot and took it wherever he could, even hid it in his school bag to take to school ;) I started writing a book about my son and his love for his pink and purple soft toy he named Batts. My friend did illustrations and she even made my story into a book as a gift for my son too. It was me who decided I wanted to have my book published for real.
So the journey began...
...I searched online for self publishers and found one that sounded what I was looking for Xlibris (pronounced il-l-bris, silent X no idea why never understood what silent letters are for other than confusion) The phone calls and emails began. Xlibris talked the talk really knew how to get me enthusiastic, then the cost came and it was too much money but Xlibris were really good at making me a deal I could afford and in the end the deal was done, I had committed 3 monthly payments for a total of $1,030.03, yes A LOT OF MONEY and since I really wanted this I paid it or rather me and hubby paid for it and he wasn't happy to start with 'cause I did committ at a time when all our monthly payments were going out and had a trip planned for my Dad's Memorial too, so hubby not being impressed things were rocky between us. Yes the money spent to have my book published caused financial stress between us and my own enthusiasm and need to have my book published to become a children's book author dismissed his feelings, very selfish of me I know :(
The last installment paid was in October 2014 and The Adventures of Vincent and Batts book journey had started.
First had to have illustrations and story made into a manuscript ready to post to Australia and to be sure it got there it was international courier. I felt excited just knowing this was the first step to see if my book would be published.
The following week I heard from Xlibris that they had received my manuscript and now just needed an email from my illustrator (sister-in-law) to give me permission to use her illustrations for my book and also about me the author and a description of the book too. So time was spent sending emails back and forth till finally the production of The Adventures of Vincent and Batts had begun.
Phone calls and emails sending back and forth showing me what the book would look like and to proofread my description about what the book is about and about me the author too. I came across a mistake so followed Xlibris procedure to make correction via email (all communication between Me and Xlibris was via email and phone calls to my cellphone). Time goes by I get reply about the correction and no it's still wrong so another email back and a fast reply with correction done :)
With Xlibris I said what I wanted The Adventures of Vincent and Batts book to look like and what was written too, I had total control on how my book would be.
Now the part after The Adventures of Vincent and Batts went for sale online http://bookstore.xlibris.com/Products/SKU-000968628/The-Adventures-of-Vincent--Batts.aspx and https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Vincent-Batts-Veronica-McKinnon/dp/1493192590/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478068888&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=childrens+books+veronica+mckinnon and http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-adventures-of-vincent-batts-veronica-mckinnon/1120666059?ean=9781493192595. My book went online for sale 28 October 2014 and when I searched for it I was SHOCKED AT THE PRICE! $30.20 US dollars so estimate $50 NZ dollars, NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY MY BOOK AT THIS RIDICULOUS PRICE! Yes I had control of how my book would look like but I never thought how much the book would end up costing to sell. So I don't see my book selling online with this expensive price.
Another surprise hit me and hubby (he accepted my want to become a published children's book author) when we got told my complimentary books would cost another $107 Australian dollars for shipping and delivery. I thought complimentary meant free and yes my complimentary books are free but I still had to pay for shipping, delivery and a international charge since it will be sent from overseas. My husband wasn't impressed with this hidden cost and neither was I, he had a rant to Xlibris marketer over the phone and she felt bad she included extra copies of my book so instead of getting just 3 books I'll be getting 13 copies and no extra charge on these complimentary books either, thank you hubby :)
In total to have The Adventures of Vincent and Batts book published and become a published children's book author it was $1,030 NZ dollars and $107.00 Aussie dollars which is $120.54 NZ dollars so total $1,150.54 NZ dollars
In 2 weeks my 13 copies of The Adventures of Vincent and Batts will arrive and I will use them very carefully as these will be the books to show to other book retailers if they would be interested in buying them from Xlilbris not me I can't afford to pay any more for other copies. Yes this will be my next challenge to see how my book does in NZ starting with where I live Christchurch. WATCH THIS SPACE.
My inspiration for writing my children's book.
25 NOVEMBER 2014
My books arrived last Friday so all 13 copies are now here in my hands. I've already given a book to my son's school and posted another copy to my illustrator so have 11 copies left.
WATCH THIS SPACE.5 DECEMBER 2014
I emailed Whitcoulls about my book and after a week got a reply that they prefer to deal with their already established distributors and wished me well :) After this I'm thinking yeah most bookstores will already have their own distributor so I've changed my focus to Ministry of Education and awaiting their reply to see if I can have my book in schools, I've already given one to Northcote School where my sons go and have had a comment that a boy at Northcote School really likes the book and it brings him joy when he visits the school library ;)
17 DECEMBER 2014
After a second email to Ministry of Education Christchurch and titled MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE, I got a prompt reply and found out MOE don't purchase books for schools I need to approach each individual school and talk to the Principal. This blog is on hold till after New Years 2015 when The Journey of Vincent & Batts continues :) So to all you readers MERRY XMAS AND SEE YOU IN 2015.
3 FEBRUARY 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Today I found out how to submit my book to Scholastic Book Club in hope to have The Adventures of Vincent & Batts added to their school book list. I will send my book tomorrow with the information they want and see what happens.
Other action I've taken is emailed parent magazine (free through schools) called Family Times and Tots to Teens, no reply yet.
17 MARCH 2015
I haven't heard from Scholastic Book Club so will be following up to see what's happening. Family Times and Tots to Teens haven't replied yet either.
1 APRIL 2015
I followed up on what's happening with Scholastic Book Club and was told it takes 3 months to consider submissions and that I should hear from them in the next 2 weeks. Wow 3 months just to be considered.
24 APRIL 2015
Today I received my very first Royalty Check, not much money but proud anyway :)
1 JUNE 2015
I've emailed Scholastic Book Club regarding my submission and still no reply so will keep persisting till I know what's happening, if it's been accepted or not. WATCH THIS SPACE.
14 JULY 2015
After many emails and finally after my last one titled URGENT ATTENTION PLEASE I got my long awaited reply from Scholastic Book Club. This was their reply via email:
Dear Veronica
Thank you for contacting Scholastic New Zealand. We have reviewed your book submission for Book Club carefully and do not feel that at this time that we are able to include it.
We have very limited spaces for outside publications on our brochures and as such, need to be very selective. Sales of new or unknown titles are quite low and we usually wait until a series is well known by children before listing it on Book Club. This is due to the fact we have a very small space in which to promote each title and if a child has not heard of title and/or author it can be difficult to compete with the other titles which are well known.
We have returned your two copies of Vincent & Batts to the address provided.
We wish you well with your publishing endeavours.
Kind regards
Glenis
Glenis TobeckBook Club Manager / Procurement ManagerScholastic New Zealand Limited
So no luck with Scholastic Book Club, won't give up :)
12 AUGUST 2015
I made a big mistake having my first children's book published with Xlibris. It's been nearly a year since The Adventures of Vincent & Batts was published and was released online 27 October 2013. Since then I have had one royalty check
and this was from someone buying an e-book. Every time I hear from Xilibris they just want money money money, which I don't have and despite telling them they still persist and won't leave me alone. I had a call today from someone who has been appointed my Marketing Consultant wanting to talk about how I was doing with my book The Adventures of Vincent & Batts. I told her I'm still doing my own local marketing and it's taken some time as it does and then she mentioned about discussing other things I should be doing to make my book successful with Xilibris and I said straight up "Do you want more money from me? I don't have any." Yes no hesitation 'cause I know that's all they want from me now I got sucked into letting them publish my book thanks to my excitement and enthusiasm. I emailed Xilibris regarding my Marketing Consultant to leave me alone and let me do my own local marketing as I have no money to do anything with my book for now. I specifically said not to call my cell phone and to contact me via email, now I await their reply. If there's one thing I will do now it's LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE.
I want to start over and I've contacted Craig Smith children's book author of The Wonkey Donkey, Willbee The Bumblebee and he's agreed to get in touch with me when he's next in Christchurch (where I live) I just text (yes he gave me his contact number) and see if he has time to discuss with me how he got his first book published and if he knows of any contacts that would help me. Looking forward to our meeting if it happens, no doubt I'll blog about it either way ;)
15 OCTOBER 2015
One minute I was texting Craig Smith and the next he called me on my cell phone! We had a great chat and my next move is to contact Christchurch libraries to see if I can read my book during their story time. Craig has a great personality and very humble, it was kind of him to give me some of his time and help me continue my journey of Vincent & Batts :) Let ya know how things go.
6 NOVEMBER 2015
Two weeks ago I asked librarian if I could read my book at their storytime and hadn't heard back so checked in today and she will followup to see what's happening. WATCH THIS SPACE.
18 NOVEMBER 2015
The library were keen for me to share my book at their Story Time unfortunately before I got the chance I pulled a muscle in my back and pain is so bad I can't sit still without swearing! Once again my book has gone on hold :( Life is challenging me with my goal to be a childrens book author and despite my current obstacle I still wont give up ;)
25 NOVEMBER 2015
I read Vincent and Batts at Redwood library storytime and it didnt go well, the kids looked very bored right from the start to end. My nerves got the better of me. The lady who introduced me was great but I feel I let her down. I realise now I should've practiced with my sons and got their feedback first, oh well its a start to at least get my book out there. I'll learn from this experience and try another library's storytime and do better. Never give up ;)
26 NOVEMBER 2015
I called Central Library in Christchurch and asked if I could read my book at their storytime and was asked if I was wanting to sell my book and I said yes, unfortunately they gave me a polite No Thank you and wished me luck. My journey of Vincent & Batts continues.
29 NOVEMBER 2015
This is a video of my sons helping me to promote my book to achieve my goal to become a children's book published author with my own Vincent & Batts series.
https://youtu.be/s17NcITJIcY
14 FEBRUARY 2016
My thought of becoming an author writing children books has changed to writing about my experiences as a mum and the situations I deal with my son. Below is a link to my next idea. Enjoy the video and any comments are greatly appreciated even if you have criticism its important to know what you blogger readers think more so any mums out there as you are my focus.
https://youtu.be/ic7mIDhpiBs
14 MAY 2016
Got this email:
12 AUGUST 2015
I made a big mistake having my first children's book published with Xlibris. It's been nearly a year since The Adventures of Vincent & Batts was published and was released online 27 October 2013. Since then I have had one royalty check
and this was from someone buying an e-book. Every time I hear from Xilibris they just want money money money, which I don't have and despite telling them they still persist and won't leave me alone. I had a call today from someone who has been appointed my Marketing Consultant wanting to talk about how I was doing with my book The Adventures of Vincent & Batts. I told her I'm still doing my own local marketing and it's taken some time as it does and then she mentioned about discussing other things I should be doing to make my book successful with Xilibris and I said straight up "Do you want more money from me? I don't have any." Yes no hesitation 'cause I know that's all they want from me now I got sucked into letting them publish my book thanks to my excitement and enthusiasm. I emailed Xilibris regarding my Marketing Consultant to leave me alone and let me do my own local marketing as I have no money to do anything with my book for now. I specifically said not to call my cell phone and to contact me via email, now I await their reply. If there's one thing I will do now it's LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE.
I want to start over and I've contacted Craig Smith children's book author of The Wonkey Donkey, Willbee The Bumblebee and he's agreed to get in touch with me when he's next in Christchurch (where I live) I just text (yes he gave me his contact number) and see if he has time to discuss with me how he got his first book published and if he knows of any contacts that would help me. Looking forward to our meeting if it happens, no doubt I'll blog about it either way ;)
15 OCTOBER 2015
One minute I was texting Craig Smith and the next he called me on my cell phone! We had a great chat and my next move is to contact Christchurch libraries to see if I can read my book during their story time. Craig has a great personality and very humble, it was kind of him to give me some of his time and help me continue my journey of Vincent & Batts :) Let ya know how things go.
6 NOVEMBER 2015
Two weeks ago I asked librarian if I could read my book at their storytime and hadn't heard back so checked in today and she will followup to see what's happening. WATCH THIS SPACE.
18 NOVEMBER 2015
The library were keen for me to share my book at their Story Time unfortunately before I got the chance I pulled a muscle in my back and pain is so bad I can't sit still without swearing! Once again my book has gone on hold :( Life is challenging me with my goal to be a childrens book author and despite my current obstacle I still wont give up ;)
25 NOVEMBER 2015
I read Vincent and Batts at Redwood library storytime and it didnt go well, the kids looked very bored right from the start to end. My nerves got the better of me. The lady who introduced me was great but I feel I let her down. I realise now I should've practiced with my sons and got their feedback first, oh well its a start to at least get my book out there. I'll learn from this experience and try another library's storytime and do better. Never give up ;)
26 NOVEMBER 2015
I called Central Library in Christchurch and asked if I could read my book at their storytime and was asked if I was wanting to sell my book and I said yes, unfortunately they gave me a polite No Thank you and wished me luck. My journey of Vincent & Batts continues.
29 NOVEMBER 2015
This is a video of my sons helping me to promote my book to achieve my goal to become a children's book published author with my own Vincent & Batts series.
https://youtu.be/s17NcITJIcY
14 FEBRUARY 2016
My thought of becoming an author writing children books has changed to writing about my experiences as a mum and the situations I deal with my son. Below is a link to my next idea. Enjoy the video and any comments are greatly appreciated even if you have criticism its important to know what you blogger readers think more so any mums out there as you are my focus.
https://youtu.be/ic7mIDhpiBs
14 MAY 2016
Got this email:
Dear Veronica,
This is David Sandoval, the Senior Marketing Specialist with Plenus Publishing based in Nevada USA. We are currently scouting titles and found one of your published books online with great interest and value.
However, and again, we gathered that your book retail price is a bit too high for the average market or middle class readers to afford who are more likely to buy this book, thus, we are proposing to come up with a reduced retail price version of it for the general audience. Also, our main objective is more on adjusting and focusing on current and effective marketing strategies that suits your material while tracking the current market sentiments of your title.
We believe Plenus is the perfect candidate to collaborate with, in getting your title to your potential audience on a grand scale with our profound insight and understanding of the whole publishing world and how it really works, in short, to do things that really matter.
This being said, we would want at this stage to provide solutions and actions with our companies full commitment in collaborating with you in achieving the ultimate goal of commercial success. And as soon as you see this as a sensible solution, then we can start the collaboration.
About Plenus
Plenus was originally a Marketing Company (specializes in advertising and marketing titles to bookstores, libraries, movie producers, etc.) who partnered with Publishers for over a decade in providing them wide range of marketing services. The years of working with these publishers made us experts –identifying common publishing company mistakes; like setting up a high retail price, unorganized process with different people in the company, delayed progress, royalty issues and then provides a simplified yet effective solution to it.
This being said, we have established our own publishing platform (focusing on those factors that creates problems and challenges) while maintaining our roots as a marketer. As a result, we can quickly adapt to any production pipelines that leads to a high-level of specialization in both publishing and marketing books. Plenus also help authors identify current factors that affect or may affect both parties – authors and publisher success in the long run.
Business Profile:
Website: PlenusPublishing.com
NV Business ID: NV20141491935
Entity Number: E0394732014-2
Click the link to view our United States Business registration with and under, The Nevada Secretary of State
Plenus Publishing to Authors
ü Provides/communicates progress and results from time to time.
ü Personalized and Customized Service - focus on what is only needed that fits and suits to the publishing plans.
ü Real Time Enterprise - Services are delivered on a timely manner.
ü Affordable Book Retail Price
ü 100% Royalties
ü Simplified Process
ü Worldwide Availability
ü Targeted Niche Market
ü Fast and reliable
The first step is for us to initially evaluate your material. Should you consider working with us on this project, we encourage you to work with our editors where your book will be highly considered. Lastly, we believe that your book can further assist us in maintaining our reputation in promoting quality titles in the international publishing scene.
Should you wish to discuss all these in detail please let me know so that I can get back to you the soonest possible time.
Thank you and I look forward to hear from you soon
All for the Best,
David SandovalSenior Marketing Specialist at Plenus Publishing Inc.
Tel. # +1-855-846-4577
Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm EST.
Plenus Publishing Inc.
3225 McLeod Drive
Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
USA
My reply:
From: Veronica McKinnon [mailto:krazyaboutkats@yahoo.co.nz]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:36 PM
To: David Sandoval
Subject: Re: For the Book "The Adventures of Vincent & Batts'"
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:36 PM
To: David Sandoval
Subject: Re: For the Book "The Adventures of Vincent & Batts'"
Hi David thanks for your email regarding my book The Adventures of Vincent and Batts. I would like to know more about what your interest is in my book. To be straight up I don't have money to pay for anything more than I already have with Xilibris. I'm in process of marking my book where I live in Christchurch, NZ. I am keen to know how you could help me.
Look forward to your reply.
Thanks for your time :)
Regards Veronica
On Friday, 13 May 2016 3:38 AM, "david.sandoval@plenuspublishing.com" <david.sandoval@plenuspublishing.com> wrote:
Plenus reply:
Plenus Publishing Inc.
Plenus reply:
Thank you for your email.
I understand where you’re coming from. We have identified the reason why your book is not selling and we can provide you the solution for it.
We want to become your partner in this publishing industry because we see real potential in your work.
The current price of your book is at $30 which is pretty obvious to identify why your book is not selling.
Here is our solution for your book:
· Republishing your book to Plenus (without you paying for it) and have it priced from the range of $6 to $10.
· You keep your copyright of your book.
· You will own 100% royalties from each and every generated sales of your book.
· Plenus will provide you online access from our database for you to keep track of all of your royalties from your book.
· Plenus will be sending your royalties through bank transfer every end of quarter of the year.
The most important part above these things will be the marketing of your book.
My team is currently in contact with physical bookshops, schools, teachers and parents who are interested in children’s book across the US.
Hope that we can set an appointment to talk further about this matter over the phone. This is for me to discuss to you the marketing plan that we have for your book.
Please provide me a good time and number to call you.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thank you.
All for the Best,
David SandovalSenior Marketing Specialist at Plenus Publishing Inc.
Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm EST.
Plenus Publishing Inc.
3225 McLeod Drive
Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
USA
Privacy Policy This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fulfill your order, and may be used for internal analytical purposes. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
So hope again for my dream to be a children's book writer with my own The Adventures of Vincent & Batts series. Yes I have replied and should hear back Monday 16 May. WATCH THIS SPACE :)
Feeling excited :)
19 JUNE 2016
Yes I did hear back from Plenus Publishing last month and unfortunately I'm having to fight for some money my dad left me in his will R.I.P to help me to continue my journey to be a children's book writer with my own Vincent & Batts series. Plenus Publishing are willing to republish my book at their cost and help me with marketing which is where the money comes in. The frustrating thing is I do have the money but have to prove this money wont be wasted, these were my dad's wishes so the last 4 weeks I've been going back and forth with my dad's lawyer who dad appointed to see his wishes are followed to prove Plenus Publishing is legit and won't be ripping me off, which I believe Plenus Publishing wouldn't. I've spoken to the Marketing Specialist David Sandoval who saw my book on Amazon and got in contact with me and I've had contact with someone else who has had and still is publishing books with Plenus and from what they tell me Plenus is legit and they do what they say. I'm hoping dad's lawyer will approve my request then I can continue a new journey with Plenus Publishing since Xlibris has let me down and doesn't believe in my writing like David Sandoval does.
Watch this space readers ;)
6 JULY 2016
Yes another month has almost past and still stuck with lawyer. I've emailed my sister hoping she can help me convince the lawyer to release the money so I can continue my journey becoming a children's book writer with my own Vincent & Batts series. My hope lays in her hands now.
I spoke with David Sandoval from Plenus Publishing today and thanked him for his patience, I don't know any publisher that would continue staying in touch wanting to help me market my book, he must really believe in what I'm writing about, I just hope my sister will help me.
19 JULY 2016
No luck with my sister who agrees with Dad's lawyer so my hope to have David Sandoval from Plenus Publishing to republish and market my book isn't going to happen, I'm back to square one trying to market my book, SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!
Below is the email I sent David Sandoval:
19 JUNE 2016
Yes I did hear back from Plenus Publishing last month and unfortunately I'm having to fight for some money my dad left me in his will R.I.P to help me to continue my journey to be a children's book writer with my own Vincent & Batts series. Plenus Publishing are willing to republish my book at their cost and help me with marketing which is where the money comes in. The frustrating thing is I do have the money but have to prove this money wont be wasted, these were my dad's wishes so the last 4 weeks I've been going back and forth with my dad's lawyer who dad appointed to see his wishes are followed to prove Plenus Publishing is legit and won't be ripping me off, which I believe Plenus Publishing wouldn't. I've spoken to the Marketing Specialist David Sandoval who saw my book on Amazon and got in contact with me and I've had contact with someone else who has had and still is publishing books with Plenus and from what they tell me Plenus is legit and they do what they say. I'm hoping dad's lawyer will approve my request then I can continue a new journey with Plenus Publishing since Xlibris has let me down and doesn't believe in my writing like David Sandoval does.
Watch this space readers ;)
6 JULY 2016
Yes another month has almost past and still stuck with lawyer. I've emailed my sister hoping she can help me convince the lawyer to release the money so I can continue my journey becoming a children's book writer with my own Vincent & Batts series. My hope lays in her hands now.
I spoke with David Sandoval from Plenus Publishing today and thanked him for his patience, I don't know any publisher that would continue staying in touch wanting to help me market my book, he must really believe in what I'm writing about, I just hope my sister will help me.
19 JULY 2016
No luck with my sister who agrees with Dad's lawyer so my hope to have David Sandoval from Plenus Publishing to republish and market my book isn't going to happen, I'm back to square one trying to market my book, SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!
Below is the email I sent David Sandoval:
Hi David sorry to say my sister agrees with Dad's lawyer and the only way to get the money would be to contest my Dad's will which I will not do, I respect my Dad's wishes and with both his lawyer and my sister (she's a lawyer too) not approving I won't be able to work on marketing my book with you.
I thank you for all your time and patience and sorry it hasn't worked out as I'd hoped.
Regards Veronica
David's reply:
Hi Veronica,
Thank you for the update.
I am sorry to hear about your decision. However, i am still positive that there might be a way in the future for your books.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards Veronica
Thank you for the update.
I am sorry to hear about your decision. However, i am still positive that there might be a way in the future for your books.
I will still wait and will still believe about all of your books.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you.
My reply:
Hi David.
Wow you still believe there is a way in the future for my Vincent & Batts books, despite not being able to use my dad's money since lawyer and my sister won't allow it and to contest dad's will would be so wrong to disrespect his wishes. Tell me how you think you can still help me become a children's book writer with my own Vincent & Batts series, I'm very interested to know what you have to say.
Regards Veronica
This email was sent 13 July so now it's August and I haven't heard from David Sandoval he may've given up and I wouldn't blame him for the frustration I've caused not being able to follow through.
17 JANUARY 2017
I'm a member of a writers group and someone posted about Storytime Pup who has a You Tube channel of an opportunity for already published children's book authors to have their book made into a video on their You Tube, I emailed them attaching my Vincent & Batts book and they have accepted it :) Now I need US 99.00 estimate $137.61 (used a currency converter) For this to happen, so knowing how my husband disapproves about me using our money for this I've gone back to my dad's lawyer hoping he'll approve and release the cash for this to happen. WATCH THIS SPACE.
I'm a member of a writers group and someone posted about Storytime Pup who has a You Tube channel of an opportunity for already published children's book authors to have their book made into a video on their You Tube, I emailed them attaching my Vincent & Batts book and they have accepted it :) Now I need US 99.00 estimate $137.61 (used a currency converter) For this to happen, so knowing how my husband disapproves about me using our money for this I've gone back to my dad's lawyer hoping he'll approve and release the cash for this to happen. WATCH THIS SPACE.
24 APRIL 2017
I've submitted all that is required for Storytime Pup to decide whether to make my book into a video on their You Tube channel, awaiting their reply.
I emailed Scholastic NZ about a new story related to Vincent & Batts and this was their reply:
Dear Veronica
16 JUNE 2017
I emailed Storytime Pup and got their reply that they'll check if my Vincent & Batts book has been chosen for their You Tube channel so play the waiting game, I understand they are very busy and patience is needed.
I clicked on the link from Scholastic and found a children's book writer contact and emailed them my new story nothing to do with Vincent & Batts, I haven't given up on Vincent & Batts just taking a break and have written a children's story about my bunny rabbit Gandalf the Grey.
27 July 2017
Had an assessment done on my bunny story and good review, got potential just need more research how to bring it together to submit for publishing. Never Give Up :)
7 May 2018
Yes it's been a while since I last blogged I got a job and up till now it's kept me busy! Today I read the assessment I had done on my bunny story and am now working on it 😉
4 March 2020
It's been ages since my last post and now COVID19 is here, WW3 a viris pandemic caused cos of the Chinese government and NZ is in lockdown to save our lives, except for essential workers who are keeping our country working.
I mention COVID19 cos I received a call from a book marketer regarding my book trying to get me to spend money that I don't have to Set My Own Price to drop current retail price. I tried to get it through to him I don't have the money falling on death ears so to get him off the phone and leave me alone, I told him to email the offer:
I feel the marketer was taking advantage of this COVID19 situation and preying on my vulnerability to feel pressured committing to a payment plan that's way out of my league. Shame on him 🤬😤😞
Anyway
To update my progress writing my story about my bunny now over Rainbow Bridge I've completed it and submitted an email to Scholastic NZ and now with this COVID19 pandemic everything is up in the air 🙄
I've submitted all that is required for Storytime Pup to decide whether to make my book into a video on their You Tube channel, awaiting their reply.
I emailed Scholastic NZ about a new story related to Vincent & Batts and this was their reply:
Dear Veronica
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are currently closed for manuscript submissions until further notice.
Please refer to our submissions page for other avenues that might be worth exploring: http://www.scholastic.co.nz/about/submissions-to-scholastic/
Kind regards
Scholastic NZ Publishing
So on with my journey.
16 JUNE 2017
I emailed Storytime Pup and got their reply that they'll check if my Vincent & Batts book has been chosen for their You Tube channel so play the waiting game, I understand they are very busy and patience is needed.
I clicked on the link from Scholastic and found a children's book writer contact and emailed them my new story nothing to do with Vincent & Batts, I haven't given up on Vincent & Batts just taking a break and have written a children's story about my bunny rabbit Gandalf the Grey.
27 July 2017
Had an assessment done on my bunny story and good review, got potential just need more research how to bring it together to submit for publishing. Never Give Up :)
7 May 2018
Yes it's been a while since I last blogged I got a job and up till now it's kept me busy! Today I read the assessment I had done on my bunny story and am now working on it 😉
4 March 2020
It's been ages since my last post and now COVID19 is here, WW3 a viris pandemic caused cos of the Chinese government and NZ is in lockdown to save our lives, except for essential workers who are keeping our country working.
I mention COVID19 cos I received a call from a book marketer regarding my book trying to get me to spend money that I don't have to Set My Own Price to drop current retail price. I tried to get it through to him I don't have the money falling on death ears so to get him off the phone and leave me alone, I told him to email the offer:
The Marketing 1 box is the book marketer's offer which is to expire Monday 6 March. To set him straight I replied his email saying in a polite way thanks and no thanks.
Anyway
To update my progress writing my story about my bunny now over Rainbow Bridge I've completed it and submitted an email to Scholastic NZ and now with this COVID19 pandemic everything is up in the air 🙄
23 October 2021
Long time since last blogged and ya won't believe it Coronavirus which hit NZ last year, is alive and thriving, so far mainly Auckland, North Island, only a matter of time till it hits us in the South Island.
Anyway here are links to find my self published children’s book:
https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Vincent-Batts-Veronica-McKinnon/dp/1493192590/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478068888&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=childrens+books+veronica+mckinnon
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-adventures-of-vincent-batts-veronica-mckinnon/1120666059?ean=9781493192595
If you do check any of these links, please comment on if you would purchase my book at the price that's set. I feel the retail price for a hard copy book (not electronic) is too expensive for a children's book. Would love to know what any of you readers out there think 🤔
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-adventures-of-vincent-batts-veronica-mckinnon/1120666059?ean=9781493192595
If you do check any of these links, please comment on if you would purchase my book at the price that's set. I feel the retail price for a hard copy book (not electronic) is too expensive for a children's book. Would love to know what any of you readers out there think 🤔





No comments:
Post a Comment